Sheffield Nightclubs - List Of Names

Sheffield History

Was"nt Tiffanys on London Rd called McVickers around 1980 before renamed Locarno then Bed? Met future wife in there Jan 80 .

I seem to recal Tiffanys being call Tree Tops for a while can anyone confirm this ?

I seem to recal Tiffanys being call Tree Tops for a while can anyone confirm this ?

Tree Tops was upstairs the entrance was on London Rd.

Guest Charlie Wag

It was called Vickers, I met my husband there in Jan 86, I think it was back to the Locarno by then though.

The guy that owned it was Les Vickers if i remember right also he opened Fiveways at owlerbar .

Can you help ?

Below is a list of nightclubs and previous names for nightclubs..

Can you help us fill in the blanks of missing clubs and their names ?

Fannies - Owler Bar (now Moorlands pub restaurant)

Tiffanys - London Road

Locarno - London Road

Palais - London Road

Music Factory - London Road

Bed - London Road

Turn Ups - Nether Edge (opposite Byron pub, closed and demolished, now flats)

Hoffenbru

Top Rank

Roxy's

Josephines - Barkers Pool

Baileys - Bank Street

Romeo and Juliets - Bank Street

Cairo Jax - Bank Street

Corpoation - Bank Street

Fiesta

Limit - West Street

Kikis

Rhythm Room

Pennys

Isabellas

Rebels

Charlie Parkers

Limit

Faces on Charles Street

Which nightclubs of Sheffield's past have we missed ?

I seem to remember in the late 70's early 80's there was a nightclub above the Silver Blades ice rink, I don't know if this has been mentioned.

I seem to remember in the late 70's early 80's there was a nightclub above the Silver Blades ice rink, I don't know if this has been mentioned.

Hi Stuart0742 The Club was the Heartbeat and according to a long lost workmate who once did some security work there it is or was then Haunted, It, Being the site of the Silver blades building was a Monastery or Nunnery i forget which way way back??

Hi Stuart0742 The Club was the Heartbeat and according to a long lost workmate who once did some security work there it is or was then Haunted, It, Being the site of the Silver blades building was a Monastery or Nunnery i forget which way way back??

Hi syrup

Was that the same place as 'STARS'

I have asked friends and they can remember Stars being there.

I remember going to a night club that was on the Haymarket? Can never think of the name anyone else remember it I believe it was above what was Burtons next to BHS?

I remember going to a night club that was on the Haymarket? Can never think of the name anyone else remember it I believe it was above what was Burtons next to BHS?

That would be Rebles he he

Guest normanmarina

Did drink in the Penthouse in 74-75 also I know its not sheffield but used to frequent the marqius of granby in bamford friday/saturday nights dj John lenigan(often wondered what became of John) lots of sheffield people went and the birdcage in hoyland was a haunt for me an me owd mate Jed,but in the week it was the Albert,Minerva,wapentake and Penthouse did try the craisy daisy once but were a bit out of place as we were/are long haired scruffy looking articles!!!!! as I recall the daisy was more for the platform shoes and prince of wales check than ragged levis and desert boots!!!!regards all Colin.(Sid)

Guest alan_taylor63

I remember going to see the Euryhmics live in the early eighties at what had previously been The Hoffenbrau, though don't remember what it was called at the time, was it Berlins? Annie Lennox with her copper coloured hair and dark suit. Sweet dreams!

Also getting my nose broke at Faces in 1979 by some drunk who headbutted me. My girlfriend at the time was applying eyeliner to my eyes ala Gary Numan!! and he thought i was a big puff!! I think The Limit was closed, it was maybe midweek, I forget, so we had gone to Faces instead which was not your alternative crowd like at The Limit.

I staggered out, pint glass in hand, and we went, via the Crazy Daisy for another pint, down to Pond Street bus station and took the attached picture in the photo booth there. If you look closely you can actually see the curve on my nose!! and the next morning i had two lovely black eyes! Note the surly Gary Numan style scowl, dyed blue black hair and remnants of the eyeliner. She had rather more!

I was only 16 at the time and had told the girlfriend I was 18, she said she was 20, the funny thing was when I confessed this to her some years later she confessed that she had actually been 28!!

What a fantastic first post !!

Sorry to hear about the nose

Welcome to the site !!

Guest Matt Green

Hi, I don't know how far up the years you want to go but when I first started towning it, Isabellas changed its name to Uropa (I think that's the correct spelling). Also there was a small basement nightclub (though I never went in) called Belugas on Carver Street (just below the methodist church, which is now The Walkabout).

I remember the church as my grandparents were caretakers there and quite a bit of the original features still remain.

Matt.

Guest OLD No.12

hi everyone, went to quite a few clubs from the list. before it was called roxy's i started going to "steelys" then it was called "saturdays" then it was empty for a while before it became roxy's.

please correct me if i'm wrong.

Guest shely

Can you help ?

Below is a list of nightclubs and previous names for nightclubs..

Can you help us fill in the blanks of missing clubs and their names ?

Fannies - Owler Bar (now Moorlands pub restaurant)

Tiffanys - London Road

Locarno - London Road

Palais - London Road

Music Factory - London Road

Bed - London Road

Turn Ups - Nether Edge (opposite Byron pub, closed and demolished, now flats)

Hoffenbru

Top Rank

Roxy's

Josephines - Barkers Pool

Baileys - Bank Street

Romeo and Juliets - Bank Street

Cairo Jax - Bank Street

Corpoation - Bank Street

Fiesta

Limit - West Street

Kikis

Rhythm Room

Pennys

Isabellas

Rebels

Charlie Parkers

Limit

Faces on Charles Street

Raffles on charles street

Which nightclubs of Sheffield's past have we missed ?

Guest dawnwearsrebina

what about the wapentek, it's recently been the kasbah, it was opposite the pizza hut near the moor.Many hours of fun had in there!!!!!

Guest SapperTaylor

WAP-EN-TAKE "Your Ear Plugs" as I remember It .... B)

More here ... LINK

Oh' and welcome dawnwearsrebina.

Steve

One Saturday Night I was part of a guard of honour at an event at the Cutlers Hall. Me and a mate managed to get away for a bit and went for a wander round town, we finished up in the Wap dressed in our Royal Engineer number 2 dress suits. I know we must have looked prime targets for a bit of local fun!! but I don't remember any adverse reaction. We left after having a drink and returned to the Cutlers in time to salute the suits as they left the function.

Re: earlier post about doormen at Josies. One of the guys was a deaf mute amateur wrestler, somebody Kelvin I think?

Cheers all

Chris

SapperTaylor said:
One Saturday Night I was part of a guard of honour at an event at the Cutlers Hall. Me and a mate managed to get away for a bit and went for a wander round town, we finished up in the Wap dressed in our Royal Engineer number 2 dress suits. I know we must have looked prime targets for a bit of local fun!! but I don't remember any adverse reaction. We left after having a drink and returned to the Cutlers in time to salute the suits as they left the function.

Re: earlier post about doormen at Josies. One of the guys was a deaf mute amateur wrestler, somebody Kelvin I think?

Cheers all

Chris

Hi and welcome SapperTaylor,

Could this be the wrestler you mention Alan Kilby ?

Do you remember The Esquire Club or The Penny Farthing?The Esquire is now the Leadmill.

I remember the Penny Farthing, the Sheffield United players use to go in there.

I was once talking to the actor Hywell Bennet at the bar and later in the evening we discovered his wife at the time

Kathy Mc gowen was sat in one of those little cubicles with someone else.

I don't know the reason for them being in Sheffield at the time.

Guest stalborg

Does anyone else remember Raffles?

It went on to become Charlie Parkers and a few others since.

It's where I discovered George Benson, Luther Vandross and a lovely doorman called Gordon - but can't remember his surname. I remember he was a great dancer and all the girls used to fancy him like mad lol

Guest malagablade

I remember going to see the Euryhmics live in the early eighties at what had previously been The Hoffenbrau, though don't remember what it was called at the time, was it Berlins? Annie Lennox with her copper coloured hair and dark suit. Sweet dreams!

Also getting my nose broke at Faces in 1979 by some drunk who headbutted me. My girlfriend at the time was applying eyeliner to my eyes ala Gary Numan!! and he thought i was a big puff!! I think The Limit was closed, it was maybe midweek, I forget, so we had gone to Faces instead which was not your alternative crowd like at The Limit.

I staggered out, pint glass in hand, and we went, via the Crazy Daisy for another pint, down to Pond Street bus station and took the attached picture in the photo booth there. If you look closely you can actually see the curve on my nose!! and the next morning i had two lovely black eyes! Note the surly Gary Numan style scowl, dyed blue black hair and remnants of the eyeliner. She had rather more!

I was only 16 at the time and had told the girlfriend I was 18, she said she was 20, the funny thing was when I confessed this to her some years later she confessed that she had actually been 28!!

hoffenbrau became dingwalls ,i saw chris rea there with prob about about 80 people max in there,b4 he was very well known .also think it was curtis blow that i saw there on maybe the opening nite?

Guest stalborg

The Club 60 was run by Tony and Marie (I Think) and we had Joe Cocker there a lot and Dave Berry used to pop in.

This is where my parents met in 1964 lol