A new photograph of Queen Victoria's visit to Sheffield in 1897

Alastair

I have never understood as to why the royals reign were described as having a “ glorious reign “ and being a “ gracious majesty”, I have always thought they were completely out of touch with the lives of the ordinary people , I visited Osbourne House a couple of years ago and it was the first time I actually saw how Victoria and Albert lived , the poor had nothing, children in rags and families never knowing where the next meal was coming from. The royal children had a miniature playhouse built for them while the subjects were living in one room.

All the wealth and property they had from Billy the Conqueror to the present day has never been earned, in fact estates and other property was acquired by threat of death. Even today a woman who’s approaching her hundredth birthday is still getting a obscene amount of money that she doesn’t really need, why wasn’t she made to retire at 60?

• Like 1

I hope all of that is rhetorical.  Study history and you'll understand the first paragraph, study political theory and you'll get the second.

Still don't get it, they were no different to anyone else they were conceived, they were born and they died, nothing regal or royal at all, just words to to say " were better than you "