Can anyone identify this cutlery maker?

adepizza

I have been given a box of six knives and I would like to get some matching forks. However, I am unable to work out who the manufacturer is so it's making it difficult.

Does anyone recognise the maker from the mark on the knife? I think the knives are from the 1960's.

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_8917.JPG

Suggest contacting the archivist at Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire, Cutlers Hall, Church Street. They hold information on all the marks of companies in this area. 

On 21/06/2021 at 13:57, adepizza said:

I have been given a box of six knives and I would like to get some matching forks. However, I am unable to work out who the manufacturer is so it's making it difficult.

Does anyone recognise the maker from the mark on the knife? I think the knives are from the 1960's.

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_8917.JPG

Strangely enough it’s resembles Edward Pryor but they dealt exclusively in marking machines.

On 23/06/2021 at 15:48, tozzin said:

Strangely enough it’s resembles Edward Pryor but they dealt exclusively in marking machines.

Could be the cutlery was made for Edward Pryor's management canteen / restaurant.

On further thought I’m 99% certain I’m right about Edward Pryor ordered these knives.