The Woollens For Signs Sign is saved! - Some great news!

Sheffield History

17 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 16.22.07.jpg

I hope they have have a few samples of bus tokens and milk "Checks" to go with the sign.

Guest leksand
On 24/08/2021 at 09:09, eldomsmith said:

Hope they put the N & S back the right way!

Ooooooooo, that's a bad miss.

However you care to read it, that certainly screams out Kelham Island.

Has anyone seen tozzin? Do you think they're safe down there?

I find it quite extraordinary that the Kelham Island Industrial Museum is closed on a Saturday, so parents who work all week cannot take children to learn the heritage of Sheffield and how Sheffield was firmly on everyone's lips when quality of all kinds of steel and silver products were talked about. 

20 hours ago, tozzin said:

I find it quite extraordinary that the Kelham Island Industrial Museum is closed on a Saturday, so parents who work all week cannot take children to learn the heritage of Sheffield and how Sheffield was firmly on everyone's lips when quality of all kinds of steel and silver products were talked about. 

I always wondered why they were closed at would probably be their busiest day of the week??

Their website currently says its closed on Saturdays until late Autumn 2021 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, antony said:

I always wondered why they were closed at would probably be their busiest day of the week??

Their website currently says its closed on Saturdays until late Autumn 2021 🤷‍♂️

I went a couple of years ago before the pandemic to donate some cutlery etching plates and it was closed then on Saturdays.

On 25/08/2021 at 12:08, tozzin said:

I find it quite extraordinary that the Kelham Island Industrial Museum is closed on a Saturday, so parents who work all week cannot take children to learn the heritage of Sheffield 

Perhaps because the museum's staff work all week too. But yes, closing on (for example) Monday and Tuesday would be more beneficial to visitors.