The old Sheffield Town Hall

Sheffield History

BRILLIANT!!! been waiting to hear if it was getting the go ahead. It will be an amazing transformation,

and bring back to life an iconic Sheffield building that well deserves some TLC. With preservation of

some of its past historical features, it will be ever so interesting to visit and see it all finished.

• Like 1

This area of Sheffield could has worse competition, but not much, and as for staying in a hotel in this currently slum area, rather you than me. Sadly unlike other run down areas of the C/C this has nothing going on around it, or have I missed something?

On 17/06/2021 at 13:25, DaveJC said:

This area of Sheffield could has worse competition, but not much, and as for staying in a hotel in this currently slum area, rather you than me. Sadly unlike other run down areas of the C/C this has nothing going on around it, or have I missed something?

You've missed lots

It's undergoing lots and lots of work currently - Castlegate is looking great towards the river and there are more plans to refurbish the area - it's already underway in fact

31 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

You've missed lots

It's undergoing lots and lots of work currently - Castlegate is looking great towards the river and there are more plans to refurbish the area - it's already underway in fact

There are a lot of ‘possibles’ mentioned, OK where Sheffield CC is concerned I’m a cynic and will believe it when/if I see it.

Oh! what a shame it all fell through! lets hope someone else steps up and shows it some love for the future.

The Council has limited resources so, I imagine, any redevelopment must involve private finance and initiative.

Personally, I don't see many attractive features to this building which is why I wouldn't shed a tear if it was demolished...but, then again, that would add to the charge of Sheffield being a "Philistine City".