Blackburn Valley disused line. Old South yorkshire railway.

Paolo Coopio

Another Sheffield disused railway explore. 

I found this old line fascinating. So much lost history along it. It must have been such an assault on the senses at its peak.

Some great old stuff left behind too. I really do have lots of fun making these videos. Right from researching,  to filming, to editing. Learn so much about an area. 

• Like 1

I  remember that back in the mid/late1950s the line was still operational... mainly with freight but I once went on a seaside day trip catching the train at the Grange Lane station....the goods yard of which, for many years, became W&F Smith's scrap yard. ( it was rumoured that one buffer stop on the site was partially in Sheffield. Rotherham and  Wortley RDC....not sure how true this was.)

4 hours ago, Lysanderix said:

I  remember that back in the mid/late1950s the line was still operational... mainly with freight but I once went on a seaside day trip catching the train at the Grange Lane station....the goods yard of which, for many years, became W&F Smith's scrap yard. ( it was rumoured that one buffer stop on the site was partially in Sheffield. Rotherham and  Wortley RDC....not sure how true this was.)

Great to hear the stories of when it was open. Hard to believe there was even a station at Grange Lane. I wonder how many people walk/ cycle past without even knowing.