Sheffield City Centre

Sheffield History

SHEFFIELD CITY CENTRE SHOPS

A full walk around Sheffield City Centre to see what's happening, what's changed, what's gone and what's there now - so much change!

Having watched the whole of the video the only thing that impressed me was at the end with Victoria Keys. Though the council had to spoil that with an ugly and horrible coloured bridge for the Derek Dooley Way!

The rest! Food shops and clubs simply to cater for students. All the other shops closed down. The redevelopment seems pointless, apart from making more food shops and night clubs for students. But what will the students do? Apart from work in food shops and nightclubs, or work on building sites? There's even a pathetic attempt to recreate something old with those old stones and bushes. While at the same time they destroy old buildings that had character.  They might as well flattened the buildings and created a woodland park with cafe's and restaurants dotted around it. 

Maybe it's just my age, but for me Sheffield is now a horrible place to live, if I had the money I would find somewhere else to live.

I haven't been to the City Centre in years. And if was to go it would be to hang around Victoria Keys, which is well done. Apart from the parked cars! But even the guy in the video said it's not well known. I suspect the road and tram system around it are acting like a natural barrier to people going to it.