Hanwell's Coal Delivery

Transportphil

Does anyone remember this firm, based in the East of the City, but I'm not cerrtain where. This photograph is the only clue to the existence of tjhe firm, taken, by the looks of it, in the 1920s or 1930s

Family H1.jpg

Edwin Hanwell who ran the coal dealing business was my gt gt uncle.  He lived in Botham Street.  My father knew him as Uncle Ted.  He used to take the family to Blackpool on holiday in his coal lorry, and judging by the passengers in the back, this could be one of those outings.  Thank you so much for the photo, it is great to see the actual lorry spoken about by my father. 

June 8th.  Thanks, Jane, for coming to my rescue!  I am fairly new in this family history business, but after 200+ visits with nothing to show for it, I was beginning to think I was wasting my time.

I am so glad that the picture means so much to you, because at present it only represents another bit of family history.  The only Edwin I know about is a son of Henry (1890-1935) and Ann (Harris) Hanwell (1849 - ?) who was, born c.1883, one of 14 children which included my grandfather Thomas Hanwell (1890-1935) who died of TB in the Isolation Hospital at Lodge Moor.

Looking at the picture, do you know that names of ANY of the people. The chap standing on the right of the picture certainly looks like a Hanwell, but beyond that I would be extremely grateful if you could fill in any of the gaps in the story