Weren’t we lucky?

DaveJC

Yes reading these recollections takes me back to those wonderful days. Great disco’s and clubs with managers who knew how to manage and doormen who didn’t suffer the supposed ‘hard men’ gladly, I well recall Ronnie Crookes ‘explaining’ who ran the Farthing’s door to one, ‘OUCH’. The well behaved got more free entry passes than you could waive a stick at, my mates and I attended every one of Kiki Dee’s Cavendish performances FOC, she got so used to us that she invited herself onto our table after her final performance, what a lovely lady.

Oh well, back to the Pandemic, the wife say’s that I look good in a face mask, and she never smiles when she says it.😉

I was a regular at the Farthing and knew Ronnie Crookes from farm grounds boxing booths. I worked at one time in the Locarno and heart beat, One night in the farthing i had a bit of a problem with a drunk guy and propelled him away from me. Ronnie and Mick Cowan came and carried me out of the club their hands under each armpit and said sorry they had to do that. The next night Mick Cowan came to where i worked ( the coctail bar of the Hallam towers hotel) apologised and we had a few beers together, he was a perfect gentleman a great bloke, sorry to learn he is no longer with us. Sad i know but i still have my Farthing membership card.