Woodhouse East Infant School Sheffield

Tania Elizabeth

Hi 

Hoping someone can help.

I went to this school in the 1970's. Just off Station Road / Badger. It burnt down in the 70's and I had one year at the old school further up, Brockwood Park, before going to the Junior School (as Brunswick School was being Built at this time)

Could anyone please confirm it WAS called Woodhouse East Infants as my parents are saying it wasn't and I am pretty sure it was.

I have search online for info, I can't find anything, I am asking the experts as I always get fantastic help from here.

Thank you in advance

Tania 

Hi Tania, Yes it was called Woodhouse East Infants school, as I was there too in the early 70’s.

I also did a couple of years at Woodhouse County Junior School (top of Station Road), before moving down to Brunswick when it was finished in ‘73 (I think?)

1976 I went to Beaver Hill and left in ‘81.

I’m sure I have some photos of the school. Class photos and outside, which stretched right up to the park / playground that bordered on to Beaver Hill Road.

if I can find them, I’ll post them here and there may even be reference to the name? 😁

[2766] Woodhouse East School

This was the Woodhouse County Junior School when I was there, but in this image (taken in 2010) has been renamed  Brockwood Park Training?

The attached is a photo of what I knew as Woodhouse East Infants, but when it opened in 1960 was called Brockwood School. I remember the two temporary classrooms (terrapins) on the entrance drive and being able to slide down the grassy bank into the school from Greenwood Lane.

Funny what comes back to mind after 50+ years? 😆😆😆 

6B595B6F-A11B-4847-92E8-DF49CE9523A6.jpeg

Thank you for your reply, I was so convinced it was Woodhouse East ....( I suppose parents are always right ,even though they are in their 80's ) lol 

I wonder if anyone has an old letter from School ? I have looked at all my old school photos , no school name on them.  ( I am still not 100% convinced ) lol 

I too have a few memories of the school, A wonderful dinner lady Mrs Robinson who used to dispose of my beetroot in an old paper towel, (we seemed to have beetroot quite often) before Mrs Leary the head came round shouting at everyone to eat up, Oh she was scary to a 5 year old lol 

7 hours ago, Tania Elizabeth said:

mmm, just had a closer look at the maps, it WAS Woodhouse East !!!

It was always called that, at least in my time there? 😆👍

I thought it was called Brockwood park but I guess it may have become this at a later stage. By the way hi Richard 😉