Sheffield Daily Telegraph Archives

James Houston

Has anyone got access to the Archives of  The Sheffield Daily Telegraph for the year 1932, I'm researching Harry Denis Smith from 32 Vickers Rd my wife's Great Grandfather. There are 3 articles that mention his name on  15th,16th and 19th September 1932, he was a Deacon at Queen Street Church Sheffield .I would be grateful to any help .Jim

Thank you very much Syrup this is some great information for us, with regards to the 19th September article was there a photo of him just above it ?

We have been trying to trace his son also called Harry who emigrated to New Zealand in 1921  and we understood from family stories that he had died there not long after arrival but I found him on a passenger list verifying he returned to England on the "Largs Bay" in 1926 or 28 , he gave his name as Harry Vivian Smith and the address he was returning to was 32 Vickers Rd Sheffield. I need to try and find out where he settled, once again  Thanks for your help.

They are online at the British Newspaper Archive page but only upto 1950 last time I checked 

I’ve been trying to get them to add more dates Post 1950 but to no avail so far

https://help-and-advice.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/forums/243704-newspapers-we-should-add-next/suggestions/6279591-the-sheffield-star