Carrick made in Sheffield

Kalfred

Hello, I saw some old cutlery on line including some table knives with "Carrick" Sheffield etched on the blades. 

134844275_carrickcutlerySheffield.jpg.26a7dfec254c84b9789fbf822dbbfc69.jpg

The "Hawley", Name on a Knife Blade web site does reference this name but suggests it was the Glasgow based "Carrick Brothers" trade mark on knives made in Sheffield. Looking at the  image I found, I see a monogram appearing to feature several letters. 

2096501491_carrickcutleryMonogramSheffield.jpg.e33c7003248d12d0cadf864bac2d2027.jpg

Is there not a "A", an "S", an "M" and an "R"? Is this evidence for a Sheffield manufacturing company or an amalgamation of companies? Are there any other views on this entwined mark?
Kalfred

11 hours ago, Kalfred said:

Hello, I saw some old cutlery on line including some table knives with "Carrick" Sheffield etched on the blades. 

134844275_carrickcutlerySheffield.jpg.26a7dfec254c84b9789fbf822dbbfc69.jpg

The "Hawley", Name on a Knife Blade web site does reference this name but suggests it was the Glasgow based "Carrick Brothers" trade mark on knives made in Sheffield. Looking at the  image I found, I see a monogram appearing to feature several letters. 

2096501491_carrickcutleryMonogramSheffield.jpg.e33c7003248d12d0cadf864bac2d2027.jpg

Is there not a "A", an "S", an "M" and an "R"? Is this evidence for a Sheffield manufacturing company or an amalgamation of companies? Are there any other views on this entwined mark?
Kalfred

Looks like an S and an A to me.

It was common practice for other businesses and jewellers to have cutlery made in Sheffield and etched with the customers name, you can copy a logo like Made in Sheffield but you cannot copy its quality, thats Sheffield's alone.

Thank you Edmund and Tozzin for you responses to my enquiry about "Carrick" blades and Sheffield. Hopefully there will be a clue somewhere, to who in Sheffield, made these knives.

Kalfred