What not to do...

Guest tsavo

Guest tsavo

I was in the late 60s. Expecting a lot of sitting about before being called I took a book to read. The jury room was empty when I arrived and non too warm. I did the sensible thing and sat behind the open door, out of the drafts. Big mistake. When the Court Bailiff arrived he explained what we would have to do and said we would have to select a Foreman. To save time, he said, we always choose the one sitting behind the door. Saves a lot of time deciding.

So if you're called up for jury duty in Sheffield, don't sit behind the door...... :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was called to do my duty a few years ago and I hated it.

I was sat next to a teacher from my sons school who I bearly knew but who knew my boy and wasn't too keen on me!

We also had a shocker of a case and all in all I would rather have not had anything to do with it. When it was all over I was glad to get out.

The biggest kick in the teeth though was the fact that they ballsed up with my wages and I had to wait almost a month to get what I was owed.

I dont care what anyone say's but no one can go a fornight without pay and it not impact on their routine.

If I ever get called up again I will kick and screem and try my best not to go.