Tragedy at the pit scene - When Saturday Comes Filming Location

Sheffield History

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 17.30.25.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 17.30.37.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 17.30.48.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 17.31.03.jpg

A few shots from the pit scene but I've no idea where this one is - can you help?
Do you recognise this pit?
If so post below and let me know! 👇

Yes it was Silverwood Colliery, Thrybergh, Rotherham; I used to work there. They replaced the name Silverwood with a fictional Clayfield Colliery, At the time of filming, coal production had ceased and most of the workforce had been made redundant. Just a few workers and management were left to do salvage and prep for full closure. Some of these men appeared as extras in the film, eg stretcher bearers.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2021 at 18:01, Soaks said:

Yes it was Silverwood Colliery, Thrybergh, Rotherham; I used to work there. They replaced the name Silverwood with a fictional Clayfield Colliery, At the time of filming, coal production had ceased and most of the workforce had been made redundant. Just a few workers and management were left to do salvage and prep for full closure. Some of these men appeared as extras in the film, eg stretcher bearers.

Thank you so much - really appreciate the info!

On 14/08/2021 at 18:01, Soaks said:

Do you know what road or where this scene would have been located? (I'm guessing it's long gone now?)