Bramall Lane - When Saturday Comes Filming Location

Sheffield History

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.38.32.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.38.45.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.39.02.jpg

One of the When Saturday Comes Filming  locations right at the heart of the story in When Saturday Comes is of course Bramall Lane home of Sheffield United Football Club that Jimmy Muir dreams of playing for

Here are the shots of him turning up for his first trial with the club and arriving at the players entrance

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.38.32.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.41.59.jpg

The Tony Currie stand at Bramall Lane as it was when When Saturday Comes was being filmed and how it looks at the time of writing 

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.38.45.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.43.36.jpg

Over Sean Bean's shoulder in the Bramall Lane carpark is the old Arnold Laver buildings - now gone

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.39.02.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 16.45.17.jpg

Sean Bean (Jimmy Muir in the movie) is seen walking into the players entrance - seen in the newer photos as the Media Room entrance

IMG_20221113_002310.thumb.jpg.acc9bd429122a5db3753f91ca937109b.jpg

My son had been to the Blades v Manchester Utd match and was given this leaflet. He wasn't able to go so I accompanied my daughter who was a  Sean Bean fan. "A Pint O' Bitter" was the working title of "When Saturday Comes" The day before the filming it had snowed, not many people turned up for the evening filming. We were told to sit all together and they did a "shoot" then set up for the next piece of action, moving us to other seats, after several shots and a bit of action, the last shot when Sean scores the goal  the "crowd" were told to jump up and run down to the front. 

When the film was released the only bit we ever found of the crowd that night was a split second of the crowd behind the goal. Blink and you miss it. 😂🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ponytail said:

IMG_20221113_002310.thumb.jpg.acc9bd429122a5db3753f91ca937109b.jpg

My son had been to the Blades v Manchester Utd match and was given this leaflet. He wasn't able to go so I accompanied my daughter who was a  Sean Bean fan. "A Pint O' Bitter" was the working title of "When Saturday Comes" The day before the filming it had snowed, not many people turned up for the evening filming. We were told to sit all together and they did a "shoot" then set up for the next piece of action, moving us to other seats, after several shots and a bit of action, the last shot when Sean scores the goal  the "crowd" were told to jump up and run down to the front. 

When the film was released the only bit we ever found of the crowd that night was a split second of the crowd behind the goal. Blink and you miss it. 😂🤣

Amazing thank you!!