Can you identify this location from a 54 year old photo?

Sheffield History

That looks rather like the Hallamshire Hospital to the right of the tree, but if we're talking 1966, then I would'nt think it was even under construction by then.

I believe  Organgrinder has it, Olive Grove Ground.  St. Elizabeth's Home for the Aged run by the Little Sisters of the Poor, Heeley Bank Road in the background. The building on the left is pictured below.

Picture Sheffield  ---   https://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s27527&pos=13&action=zoom&id=29928

little_sisters.jpg

19 hours ago, Snozzle said:

That looks rather like the Hallamshire Hospital to the right of the tree, but if we're talking 1966, then I would'nt think it was even under construction by then.

No, that building is Sheaf House at the railway station. The picture is definitely Olive Grove sports ground. The clubhouse was demolished some years ago and replaced with a more modern building. Used to go there for meetings when I worked for the council.

• Like 1

Ah! Sheaf House, of course. It was the hideous 50's style office block by the station that was stood derilict for a few years before they demolished it.

Did part of my YTS 'training' in Sheaf House in 1987 at the Area Civil Engineers payroll office. Sorting huge A3 timesheets of the track maintenance workers into piles. Highlight of the week was going to Woodburn Road to pay out with cash in little envelopes...

• Like 1