Nunn family

chrisp1949

Does anyone have information about the family of William Nunn of 44 Liverpool Street. Attercliffe? There were 4 boys - Jack, Albert, Leslie and George (my father)- and a girl - Gladys. The family lived here from about 1920 to 1970. Any photos of the area would also be very interesting. I also remember a black circle (not a window ) on the gable end of a house, near the roof, at the end of Liverpool Street facing Newhall Road - any ideas what it mIght have been?

No.44 is shown in this photo and from the commentary, it is the house immediately before the slight step in the roof line, the one with the unpainted door and window lintels, immediately in front of the VW beetle.

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s21201&action=zoom&pos=16&id=23694&continueUrl=

Some more picture of the immediate area on PS too here.

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?&searchterms=liverpool_street&action=search&keywords=all%3BCONTAINS%3B%liverpool_street%%3B#rowNumber16

There was also another daughter - Ivy - who died aged three and was buried at Tinsley on 7th June 1928.  The family at Liverpool Street in 1939 are listed here (Gladys' entry blacked out):

1853378008_Nunnfamily1939.png.b4a70923e2e722e6d4bc22f1918d184e.png

William and Ediths marriage in 1915:

304790166_WilliamEdithNunnmarriage1915.png.991521921c6bccef06e4dcc0bcbae87d.png

I recall a Reg Nunn, who was a Labour Party member, Co-operative board member and I think, a City Councillor, this was in the late 70’s/ early to mid 80’s, he lived in South West Sheffield and was a thoroughly decent person.

1 hour ago, DaveJC said:

I recall a Reg Nunn, who was a Labour Party member, Co-operative board member and I think, a City Councillor, this was in the late 70’s/ early to mid 80’s, he lived in South West Sheffield and was a thoroughly decent person.

I thought it was Councillor Munn.

• Like 1