Sheffield Ramblers Club at The Houblon Arms.

fentonvillain

If anyone knows or knew any of the members of the (in)famous Sheffield  Ramblers Club  (NOT the Ramblers Association) they might be interested in this short video from 1988 showing members on a rare trip to Lincolnshire. This ramble in the area to the north of Grantham took in a session at The Houblon Arms at Oasby where the  landlord was so pleased to accommodate them he used to provide a free Pie and Pea and Chip supper for everyone.  The Club members were famous for their extensive song book and in the video you can hear them singing two favourites, Swaledale and Hail Smiling Morn.   I was the ramble leader on that day and recorded the video on my first video camera. 

The film can be seen on Youtube at:   

5 hours ago, fentonvillain said:

If anyone knows or knew any of the members of the (in)famous Sheffield  Ramblers Club  (NOT the Ramblers Association) they might be interested in this short video from 1988 showing members on a rare trip to Lincolnshire. This ramble in the area to the north of Grantham took in a session at The Houblon Arms at Oasby where the  landlord was so pleased to accommodate them he used to provide a free Pie and Pea and Chip supper for everyone.  The Club members were famous for their extensive song book and in the video you can hear them singing two favourites, Swaledale and Hail Smiling Morn.   I was the ramble leader on that day and recorded the video on my first video camera. 

The film can be seen on Youtube at:   

What a fantastic video - really enjoyed watching it nice one.

• Like 1