Old House Next To Bakery, WALKLEY 1950s - 60s

Heartshome

Hi all. Talking to my old school friend, she said when she was little, she and her Mum lived in a flat in an 'OLD HOUSE' in Walkley.

She can't remember where it was, just that there was a 'BAKERY' next door, and the house was on the end of a road.

She would have lived there late 50s early 60s. Anyone know where it was please. Thanks Heartshome.

On 19/11/2020 at 17:40, Heartshome said:

Hi all. Talking to my old school friend, she said when she was little, she and her Mum lived in a flat in an 'OLD HOUSE' in Walkley.

She can't remember where it was, just that there was a 'BAKERY' next door, and the house was on the end of a road.

She would have lived there late 50s early 60s. Anyone know where it was please. Thanks Heartshome.

My friend remembers going out to play with 4 other girls. They used to play on some ground at the back.

She says they decided to have a gang name and called themselves 'THE FIVE ICED DIAMONDS'.

My friends name at the time was STEPHNIE GAMBLE, if any of the ladies are around and remember. Thanks.

On 26/11/2020 at 20:24, Heartshome said:

My friend remembers going out to play with 4 other girls. They used to play on some ground at the back.

She says they decided to have a gang name and called themselves 'THE FIVE ICED DIAMONDS'.

My friends name at the time was STEPHNIE GAMBLE, if any of the ladies are around and remember. Thanks.

Hi,

I lived at 292A South Road, Walkley in the early/mid 50's, at the bottom of our yard was a bakery whose shop was 3 doors down from 'Bowaters'. My Aunty Mary (Jessop) worked in Bowaters, my Mum and Aunty Doreen worked in the shoe shop next door. My best pal Paul Roebuck lived at 121 Carr Road, his garden was very long and stretched along the backs of properties facing South Road.

Take care and stay well

Andrew Walshaw

6 hours ago, Andrew Walshaw said:

Hi,

I lived at 292A South Road, Walkley in the early/mid 50's, at the bottom of our yard was a bakery whose shop was 3 doors down from 'Bowaters'. My Aunty Mary (Jessop) worked in Bowaters, my Mum and Aunty Doreen worked in the shoe shop next door. My best pal Paul Roebuck lived at 121 Carr Road, his garden was very long and stretched along the backs of properties facing South Road.

Take care and stay well

Andrew Walshaw

Hi Andrew, thanks for your message. I rang my friend and related your info to her. 

She said, ' where ever it was!!   =   if you stood in front of the big old house on the corner,

on your LEFT was a road going down     =    and on the RIGHT was the Bakery '  would that fit ? Heartshome