Picture Sheffield Manor picture?

History dude

Under the new photo's part of Picture Sheffield there's an odd picture, which they claim to be the Manor Estate. But it looks a bit odd for the Manor.  Prince of Wales Road to be precise, but the date of 1963 is hopeless wrong. The car and lorries look more like 1920's to me. And Prince was a dual carriageway by then.

Prince of Wales Road 1963

Prince Of Wales Road.jpg

14 hours ago, History dude said:

Under the new photo's part of Picture Sheffield there's an odd picture, which they claim to be the Manor Estate. But it looks a bit odd for the Manor.  Prince of Wales Road to be precise, but the date of 1963 is hopeless wrong. The car and lorries look more like 1920's to me. And Prince was a dual carriageway by then.

Prince of Wales Road 1963

Prince Of Wales Road.jpg

If it is a photograph of the Manor, it predates this Britain from Above photograph taken in 1927.

https://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/en/image/EPW018976

Any idea dude what the building on the horizon of the Picture Sheffield photograph is?  the building with what looks like 4 towers / pylons.

Thanks to the air photo I think it's Prince of Wales Road and we are stood at the junction with Fitzhubert Road. If you look past the truck you can see a stone wall and that must have been a field wall from the farm days.  As the Boot Houses were not built or just off shot. Then yes it's around 1925 for certain or earlier.

Going on the location I would say the pylon structure could be the trees on Windy House lane around the pond that was there.

Some of the houses on the Fairleigh side look still under construction, with windows not in place.