FAMILY OF CHARLES POTTER RSA

Stunmon

My father, Ernest Morton had  great friend CHARLES (Charlie) POTTER RSA who was also a member of Heeley Art Club in the 1920s/30s?

He married ROSINA POTTER and they lived during the 1920s at 20 Meersbrook Road, Sheffield. Eventually he left the marriage and had quite an eventful love life from there on!

There were two children of that marriage - CHARLES POTTER AND WINIFRED POTTER. Are there any family members on this forum?

On 19/10/2020 at 11:52, Stunmon said:

My father, Ernest Morton had  great friend CHARLES (Charlie) POTTER RSA who was also a member of Heeley Art Club in the 1920s/30s?

He married ROSINA POTTER and they lived during the 1920s at 20 Meersbrook Road, Sheffield. Eventually he left the marriage and had quite an eventful love life from there on!

There were two children of that marriage - CHARLES POTTER AND WINIFRED POTTER. Are there any family members on this forum?

hi Stunmon,

I am the daughter of Charles Potter, youngest son of my Grandfather, also Charles Potter, who regrettably I never met, likewise my Grandmother Rosina. In fact there were two older children as well as my father and Winifred in that family; Arnold (the eldest) & Mabel. I knew both Winifred and particularly Mabel when I was growing up but never met Arnold. I have 3 of my Grandfather's watercolour paintings but I'm always on the lookout for more at auction sales etc.

It was good to read  about your Father,'s friendship with my Grandfather, I have so little information on my paternal grandparents; it was completely different with my maternal grandparents with whom we were very close and who I lived with, together with my parents, until they died...

all best Rosie 

Hi Rosie, I have information about Charlie Potter obtained from a young woman who says she is his granddaughter. I will have to go into my emails to find her name!!! Charles Potter had a rather complicated love life!!! Iam on monica.dyson42@btopenworld.com if you would like to email me. I can let you have as much information as I have been able to acquire!!!! Please write!!!