Is this Jimmy Hagan's signature?

Guest Leipzig

Guest Leipzig

I have a pencil drawing of Jimmy Hagan which was drawn by my father, probably in the 1950s. It is signed "Best Wishes Jimmy Hagan" - can anyone verify that this is Jimmy Hagan's signature?

Regards

Leipzig

Signature fraud in those days was extremely rare indeed

It's not like today when someone signs a photo and sticks it on Ebay

So hopefully it will be the real deal and I hope someone can confirm this for you !

I have a pencil drawing of Jimmy Hagan which was drawn by my father, probably in the 1950s. It is signed "Best Wishes Jimmy Hagan" - can anyone verify that this is Jimmy Hagan's signature?

Regards

Leipzig

Guest Pomona

Comparing it to an autograph given to me in 1951 the signatures appear identical Thanks for sharing this with us.

Guest jackiefromoz

Just found this site and hope I can help.

I have seen Jimmy's autograph thousands of time and to me both it and the "Best wishes" are 100% authentic - he always wrote that. His autograph changed very little over the years. There was a time when he would be inundated with autograph requests through the post and very occasionally his wife, Iris, would help out - but she wasn't that good at it, and he really liked to do it himself because he appreciated his fans.

The drawing is very good - your dad got the likeness which is more that I can say for some of the drawings/paintings out there!!

By the way, I suppose I should say that I am Jimmy's daughter, Jackie, so you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth!!

Regards

Leipzig

Hi my mum has a signed autograph of Jimmy Hagan as she used to babysit fro him and his wife back in the late 40's i will get her to look it out and see if its the same.

Jimmy, after he had finished his playing days ,coached Firth Park Grammar School's First eleven for a while. He was a tough disciplinarian.