Is this Jimmy Hagan's signature?

Guest Leipzig

I have a pencil drawing of Jimmy Hagan which was drawn by my father, probably in the 1950s. It is signed "Best Wishes Jimmy Hagan" - can anyone verify that this is Jimmy Hagan's signature?

Regards

Leipzig

Sheffield History

Signature fraud in those days was extremely rare indeed

It's not like today when someone signs a photo and sticks it on Ebay

So hopefully it will be the real deal and I hope someone can confirm this for you !

• 7 months later...

I have a pencil drawing of Jimmy Hagan which was drawn by my father, probably in the 1950s. It is signed "Best Wishes Jimmy Hagan" - can anyone verify that this is Jimmy Hagan's signature?

Regards

Leipzig

• 4 months later...
Guest jackiefromoz

Just found this site and hope I can help.

I have seen Jimmy's autograph thousands of time and to me both it and the "Best wishes" are 100% authentic - he always wrote that. His autograph changed very little over the years. There was a time when he would be inundated with autograph requests through the post and very occasionally his wife, Iris, would help out - but she wasn't that good at it, and he really liked to do it himself because he appreciated his fans.

The drawing is very good - your dad got the likeness which is more that I can say for some of the drawings/paintings out there!!

By the way, I suppose I should say that I am Jimmy's daughter, Jackie, so you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth!!

• 10 months later...

Regards

Leipzig

Hi my mum has a signed autograph of Jimmy Hagan as she used to babysit fro him and his wife back in the late 40's i will get her to look it out and see if its the same.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jimmy, after he had finished his playing days ,coached Firth Park Grammar School's First eleven for a while. He was a tough disciplinarian.