Sheffield Wednesday vs Sheffield Utd, April 12th 1971.

Dropout

Hello. I was at the game all those years ago, at Hillsborough, a 0-0 draw.

I have some autographs of Wednesday and United players that I got from the day, that I am now putting up for sale.

I know/ remember, most of the Wednesday players, and the Alan Woodward autograph, but there are a couple that I cannot make out,

so,.....what I would like to know please, is what were the TWO full teams for that day, if anyone remembers or knows please?

Thankyou, regards,

I suspect United's line up that day was:

John Hope, Len Badger, Ted Helmsley, John Flynn, Eddie Colquhoun, Trevor Hockey, Alan Woodward, Geoff Salmons, Bill Dearden, Tony Currie and Gil Reece.

Hello, Hopman.

Thankyou very much for that.

Wonder if you, or anyone else might know who these autographs are, from the day/era?

On the page of 5, I know who the second, fourth and fifth players are...and the third MAY be either Graham Pugh or Tommy Craig....or neither!!

I know the Alan Woodward autograph, but don't know who has signed the flip side page, in blue.

Any positive I.D.s? help, thankyou.

SAM_0276.jpg

SAM_0277.jpg

SAM_0278.jpg

Hello. Yes, correct on both counts.

I already have those 2 tagged and Alan Thompson, the second one down, top sheet.

It is the top and third name from the Top sheet I am after and the one in blue pen on the reverse of Alan Woodward.

Thankyou.

Hello. Thankyou so much for your help.

I cannot make out the other 2 players on the sheet of 5, although, from your Wednesday list, the 3rd one down, MAY be Colin Prophett?

My Old memory is telling me, I think, that the one in blue on the rear of Alan Woodward may well be Eddie Colquhoun.?

Thanks again......appreciated.

Regards.