Tinsley Park Cemetery - plot number map

John Cartwright

I recently visited Tinsley Park Cemetery in search of a family grave. I know the section ref and the plot number as I have the originals receipts for the burials dating from 1915 to1942. Unfortunately finding the actual plot was difficult as few plots show a reference and there are a lot of grassed over plots where I suspect the gravestones have been either removed or laid flat and been covered over time. Does anyone have map of the plot numbers in section Mc so that I can confirm my estimate of where the plot is?

Hi Leipzig,

Thanks but the map only gives the location of the sections. I need the plot numbers within the section.

Put a posting on Sheffield Indexers and I'm sure someone will find them for you. I did this for a neighbour and he has now found the 3 graves he was searching for, One didn't have a headstone but he managed to locate it by looking for nearby headstones with similar numbers and worked it out from that.

Hope you are lucky.

Jenny

Failing that contact Bereavement Services at City Road and they should be able to help.

I doubt if any memorials have been laid flat and covered over. More likely is that the plots never had a memorial.

Holman, Thanks I'll do that but I do know there was a memorial as the family were quite wealthy and one of the deceased was my infant sister who died before I was born and my mother talked about visiting the grave and looking at the memorial.

On 13/08/2020 at 22:59, John Cartwright said:

Hi Leipzig,

Thanks but the map only gives the location of the sections. I need the plot numbers within the section.

Plot numbers are found on the cemetery burial register which may, or may not have been transcribed and made available online. Lookups can be requested through various groups and the registers for council operated cemeteries will be held by the council.  

Numbers can be found on some of the stones themselves and it can be worked out relatively simply you just need to locate a number close to the plot you want, work out which way the numbers go and start counting.

Which plot are you after? I'm close to TPC and if I get the chance i'll nip down and have a look if you'd like.

Tinsley Park Cemetery had a Facebook page, they are very helpful, they sent me a map of the section I needed. 

mc.jpg