laroc

Does anyone recall an old white cottage over the wall at the top of Andover Street. It was next to Pye Bank school. It stood in the "old gardens" and an old lady lived there. I was at Pye Bank school 1953 to 1958

Gamal
4 hours ago, laroc said:

Does anyone recall an old white cottage over the wall at the top of Andover Street. It was next to Pye Bank school. It stood in the "old gardens" and an old lady lived there. I was at Pye Bank school 1953 to 1958

laroc

Not the fish and chip shop.A cottage in the old gardens. The above is not the correct information

Gamal
8 minutes ago, laroc said:

Not the fish and chip shop.A cottage in the old gardens. The above is not the correct information

Apologies, I thought you meant the old fish and chips shop. 

SteveHB
On 31/05/2020 at 07:58, laroc said:

Can the location of the cottage be seen on this section of 1950's map?

1950's OS Map 11 - Burngreave Road, Rock Street, Nottingham Street, Andover Street, area.

50s_OS_map_#11.jpg

laroc
23 hours ago, Gamal said:

Apologies, I thought you meant the old fish and chips shop. 

I can only open comments via my email. And your apology is accepted since I clearly did not state the white house fish and chip shop

Stentor

I don't recall a "old white cottage" on the "old gardens", I lived in the area for 30 years and attended Pye Bank School from 1941-1947, the only white cottage I knew in the area, was the chip shop near the bottom of Andover Street