Fashion Shops Ecclesall Road

mill road

Before Ecclesall Road became a destination for drinking and dining, it used to be the go to destination for quality fashion; both mens and ladieswear. I vaguely recall it had the advertising strapline of " miles of style ", this being during the late 70s. Often my then boyfriend and I would take a leisurely Sunday stroll, window shopping along this road of fashion delights. It has been a long time since I visited, but I am aware that many of the shops have disappeared and wondered if anyone else remembered or could add to my list of recall. 

Robert Bradys 

Butterflys 

Alicia Kites 

Elizabeths 

Barney Goodman 

Shoobydoo 

Sandys 

Mistletoe 

Those were the days when you would be encouraged to sit, relax and enjoy the shopping experience, with the invitation of a coffee and even the offer of a cigarette !

4 hours ago, mill road said:

Before Ecclesall Road became a destination for drinking and dining, it used to be the go to destination for quality fashion; both mens and ladieswear. I vaguely recall it had the advertising strapline of " miles of style ", this being during the late 70s. Often my then boyfriend and I would take a leisurely Sunday stroll, window shopping along this road of fashion delights. It has been a long time since I visited, but I am aware that many of the shops have disappeared and wondered if anyone else remembered or could add to my list of recall. 

Robert Bradys 

Butterflys 

Alicia Kites 

Elizabeths 

Barney Goodman 

Shoobydoo 

Sandys 

Mistletoe 

Those were the days when you would be encouraged to sit, relax and enjoy the shopping experience, with the invitation of a coffee and even the offer of a cigarette !

The small Alicia Kites menswear shop was a great little place, used to be in there often early to mid 90's. There was also a small menswear shop on the row of shops after the chapel towards Hunters Bar called Pour Homme IIRC, and the recently closed Harrison opposite the Nursery Tavern that was small originally but kept expanding over the years.