Sheffield - A City In Lockdown

Sheffield History

Hi! I’m new to this website so I apologise if I’m using it incorrectly but I’ve got a question and really hoping I’ll find an answer! But when I was younger around early 00’s there was always a club that would fascinate me on west street and whenever driving past I would always say to my dad “I’ll go there when I’m older” unfortunately it changed to west street live before I turned 18. All I can remember is it was yellow on the outside and had disco coloured lights, could anyone please tell me the name of the club or even better any photos? It’s been one of those questions ive never had an answer to for many years ☺️ Thank you. 

11 hours ago, Megan567 said:

Hi! I’m new to this website so I apologise if I’m using it incorrectly but I’ve got a question and really hoping I’ll find an answer! But when I was younger around early 00’s there was always a club that would fascinate me on west street and whenever driving past I would always say to my dad “I’ll go there when I’m older” unfortunately it changed to west street live before I turned 18. All I can remember is it was yellow on the outside and had disco coloured lights, could anyone please tell me the name of the club or even better any photos? It’s been one of those questions ive never had an answer to for many years ☺️ Thank you. 

Welcome to SH

This may help, take a look at the 'West Street Hotel'.

Edit: 0954 hrs

Or, just up the road is The Cavendish

https://www.picturesheffield.com/B00017

B00017.jpg

17 hours ago, Megan567 said:

Hi @Megan567 and welcome to the site!
So it was definitely on the corner where West Street Live is now?

Was it Flares?

On 05/06/2020 at 15:46, Sheffield History said:

Hi @Megan567 and welcome to the site!
So it was definitely on the corner where West Street Live is now?

Was it Flares?

Hi! I was so young but I’m sure it was on the corner where west street live is now! I’ve tried my hardest to google it and nothing comes up I’m hoping I’ve not got to location wrong but it was definitely on West Street and it was yellow on the outside and it had multicoloured lights near the door way 

12 minutes ago, Megan567 said:

Hi! I was so young but I’m sure it was on the corner where west street live is now! I’ve tried my hardest to google it and nothing comes up I’m hoping I’ve not got to location wrong but it was definitely on West Street and it was yellow on the outside and it had multicoloured lights near the door way 

Wasn't it Flares?

8 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

Wasn't it Flares?

It might have been! Does anyone possibly have any pictures of it?

7 minutes ago, Megan567 said:

It might have been! Does anyone possibly have any pictures of it?

The one thing I do remember is we would turn off where Carver Street is and anybody correct me if I’m wrong but I remember they used to be a flares pop world now is? So I’m not 100% sure if the club that West Street live now is would’ve also been flares at the same time! But I was really young so my memory could be very vivid 😔😔

10 hours ago, Megan567 said:

The one thing I do remember is we would turn off where Carver Street is and anybody correct me if I’m wrong but I remember they used to be a flares pop world now is? So I’m not 100% sure if the club that West Street live now is would’ve also been flares at the same time! But I was really young so my memory could be very vivid 😔😔

So there was a Flares on West Street back in the day - pretty sure that might have been where West Street Live is now

Think Flares moved to Carver Street where PopWorld is now yeah!