New sidebar

tozzin

10 hours ago, tozzin said:

I can’t say I’m keen on the new look sidebar, prefer it as it was.

I have to agree and the view on an iPad (even dropping the zoom to 75%) is getting to the point where the relevant content is being squeezed out (blue) by the ads banner (top-red) and sidebar (right-red). If the sidebar links were all to SH popular content, maybe I’d get it, but they seem to be irrelevant topics that take you  away from the page? 

731DA083-3D50-4564-8BD9-56218C15D74E.jpeg

1 hour ago, RLongden said:

I have to agree and the view on an iPad (even dropping the zoom to 75%) is getting to the point where the relevant content is being squeezed out (blue) by the ads banner (top-red) and sidebar (right-red). If the sidebar links were all to SH popular content, maybe I’d get it, but they seem to be irrelevant topics that take you  away from the page? 

731DA083-3D50-4564-8BD9-56218C15D74E.jpeg

Why change something that’s perfectly ok? I also agree about the ads, they are just taking over and very annoying.

Have made changes today again

Can you let me know what it looks like now on our Ipad?

I don't have one to test it on

It still looks like the pictures posted by RLongdon, it’s actually annoying but that’s just my view.

I'm just trying to find a winning formula between usability and looking great vs having the necessary ads on the site to keep the site up and running.

During Covid advertisers have dropped off the edge of a cliff, meaning we're losing quite a bit of money each month so I'm trying to find a way to keep the lights on

lol

17 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

I'm just trying to find a winning formula between usability and looking great vs having the necessary ads on the site to keep the site up and running.

During Covid advertisers have dropped off the edge of a cliff, meaning we're losing quite a bit of money each month so I'm trying to find a way to keep the lights on

lol

I can understand your reasoning and hopefully the advertising will return after this pandemic is over.😷😷😷