Name the Sheffield street

Sheffield History

D534CDBB-5CE4-4ACF-AAC8-597CA04CD4F6.jpeg

Take a look at this old Sheffield photo. Can you name the street? Where was this taken?

The view over the wall is that of the GPO building on Flat Street so the street where the cars are parked must be Milk Street (If I've remembered the name correctly).

It was at the back of the plot of land where the Odeon was built running from Norfolk Street.

Strangely enough, I can't remember the business premises with the name Horsefield.

• Like 1

Milk Street!

The little ramp/road that goes down the side of the Crucible to the carpark under Arundel Gate is still called Milk Street, but not sure if it follows the same path/route?

4 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Milk Street!

The little ramp/road that goes down the side of the Crucible to the carpark under Arundel Gate is still called Milk Street, but not sure if it follows the same path/route?

I knew Milk Street well enough but not knowing the modern Sheffield you had me wondering, Does it?  EDIT - I just looked on Google Earth and apparently not.

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=19&lat=53.38180&lon=-1.46550&layers=168&b=1

milk_street.png

m_street.png

16 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

The view over the wall is that of the GPO building on Flat Street so the street where the cars are parked must be Milk Street (If I've remembered the name correctly).

It was at the back of the plot of land where the Odeon was built running from Norfolk Street.

Strangely enough, I can't remember the business premises with the name Horsefield.

Milk street ran off Sycamore Street.

50 minutes ago, SteveHB said:

Milk Street, the shop is on Sycamore Street

milk_st.jpg

Close to the Postman’s Club.