KEECHANS OR ANDREWS

Stunmon

My mother and father Ernest and Rose Morton were married at Our Lady and St.Thomas Church, Meadowhead on 7th August 1941. Their witnesses on the marriage certificate were MARGARET KEECHAN and JW ANDREWS.

Does anyone have any relatives obviously long gone, who had these names? We don't know who they were!!

22 hours ago, Stunmon said:

My mother and father Ernest and Rose Morton were married at Our Lady and St.Thomas Church, Meadowhead on 7th August 1941. Their witnesses on the marriage certificate were MARGARET KEECHAN and JW ANDREWS.

Does anyone have any relatives obviously long gone, who had these names? We don't know who they were!!

Theres a Margaret KEESHAN married a Reginald Ralston in 1942 Sheffield if that rings any bells.

Thats strange. My parents had some friends called Ralston but I think he was called Bill. They lived on Firth Park Avenue in the 1950s.

image.thumb.png.7b020764f45e6ec4db7db362611c5f0e.pngHeres Margaret on the 1939 register as a Nurse at the Crimicar Lane hospital, possibly married a Metham at some point looking at that.

Thanks so much. Can you find a Wlliam (or Bill) Ralston on Firth Park Cresecent - 1950s. Possibly married to Dorothy? My mother was a nurse around late 1930s having emigrated from Ireland.

Thank you very much.  Reginald Ralston (1939 census) aged 19 may have been the brother of Bill Ralston (also 1939 census) then having married to Dorothy and left home? Maybe my mother worked in nursing with Margaret Keeshan who then married a Metham and then Reginald Ralston in 1942? (War widows?)

Who knows?

It would appear that Reginald died in 1943 (from Freebmd below) and then she married a Metham. Not sure it was a death directly from WW2 action as he is not listed on Commonwealth War Graves Commission site.

Deaths Dec 1943   (>99%)

Ralston Reginald 24 Sheffield 9c524 btnInfo.gif Scan available - click to view

Thanks so much. Have been in touch with a guy I was at school with (many years ago) A Mick Ralston was his best friend but sadly has dementia. It seems that Reg and Peggy(Margaret Keesham) married and had Mick. Reg died from an illness in 1943 and then she married again to Metham.

My parents must have met Reg and Peggie, possibly through the brother of Reg who was Bill, and Dorothy, his wife. I remember them when I was growing up. They had two daughters Valerie and Caroline. They may have all gone to the same church St.Patricks at Sheffield Lane Top.

So, thats a bit of the family jigsaw puzzle solved thanks to you!!!