Inside the Old Sheffield Town Hall on Waingate

Sheffield History

Some beauty in there for sure

Can't wait for the refurb and reopening

This building is one of the main attractions for urban explorers who come from all over the country in an attempt to get inside.

It is one of the hardest buildings to get into as it is well secured plus there are always a lot of people around who will see you trying to get in.

There have been many pictures downloaded over the years on "Derelict Places" and "28 Days Later".

Some of my friends love this hobby. They keep asking me to go with them but at my age climbing through small gaps and over gates is a non-starter.

They do respect the places they go to and never remove anything or disturb the contents.

4 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

Some beauty in there for sure

Can't wait for the refurb and reopening

Any news on that? 

8 hours ago, winco1960 said:

This building is one of the main attractions for urban explorers who come from all over the country in an attempt to get inside.

It is one of the hardest buildings to get into as it is well secured plus there are always a lot of people around who will see you trying to get in.

There have been many pictures downloaded over the years on "Derelict Places" and "28 Days Later".

Some of my friends love this hobby. They keep asking me to go with them but at my age climbing through small gaps and over gates is a non-starter.

They do respect the places they go to and never remove anything or disturb the contents.

I agree that they do a great job, seem to always respect the buildings and most impressively capture the most amazing photographs and videos.

Long may they all continue!

8 hours ago, winco1960 said:

I've watched many of those videos, very enjoyable to watch. Was a bit concerned that some damage may be inflicted to buildings but its good to know that they have that respect. 

Quite envious of them, loved to do something like. 

8 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

I agree that they do a great job, seem to always respect the buildings and most impressively capture the most amazing photographs and videos.

Long may they all continue!

I'm  guessing it's quite dangerous tho.  There was the young fella who died "urban exploring" in the old Hallam Towers a year or 2 back.