Jew Lane in Fitzalan Square - Have you been down there?

Sheffield History

Here's a video for anyone who hasn't been down/through Jew Lane in Sheffield City Centre

46 minutes ago, Gamal said:

Shame about all the graffiti. 

I would bet that everyone on here would agree with you, to me it;s as bad as chucking a brick through a window, it's a crime and should be dealt with as such.

Agreed!  That so-called "artist" Banksy winds me up - the media now portrays graffiti as art.  Italy have it worse than us, with world renowned architecture covered in it - when we went to Venice the Rialto Bridge was covered along with nearly everything else.

I struggle to afford an aerosol can of paint to touch up car bodywork, I can't believe vandals pay full retail price for their cans, they must be shoplifted?

• Like 1

On 07/05/2020 at 18:56, Sheffield History said:

Here's a video for anyone who hasn't been down/through Jew Lane in Sheffield City Centre

Never walked through it . No idea why it still exists.  All it is is some random back alley ...

Any history about it?

23 minutes ago, WestTinsley said:

Never walked through it . No idea why it still exists.  All it is is some random back alley ...

Any history about it?

It might look like some random back alley, but I'm sure there plenty of history to it. We should be glad it's still there the way things are changing in the City Centre. 

37 minutes ago, Gamal said:

It might look like some random back alley, but I'm sure there plenty of history to it. We should be glad it's still there the way things are changing in the City Centre. 

Yes I wondered what the history was, that's why I mentioned it Jamal