Video of old Sheffield City Centre..

Sheffield History

I do realise that your doing great by posting all the queries on BUT I wouldn’t call the video as Old Sheffield City Centre, as old it’s in my recent memories. But some members will like it I’m sure, I’m not being a spoil sport it’s just what I think.

That takes me back to the city I remember as a teenager. I spent far too much time around the Hole in the Road watching the buses going round. I never thought that it would disappear and trams would re-appear.

It doesn't seem like old film to me as I remember the scenes so well, but It is historical film as it is 40 years old. Those bendy-buses are from the first batch used on the City Clipper in 1980 and 1981.

Oh dear, now I feel old ☹️

1 hour ago, tozzin said:

I do realise that your doing great by posting all the queries on BUT I wouldn’t call the video as Old Sheffield City Centre, as old it’s in my recent memories. But some members will like it I’m sure, I’m not being a spoil sport it’s just what I think.

Yeah I guess we all have a different definition of the term 'old' so it's hard to gauge what to describe it as..