Jump to content

The Ponderosa area of Sheffield


Recommended Posts

Sheffield History

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 17.40.17.jpg

Anyone know the roads on the bottom right of this shot of Ponderosa?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheffield History

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 18.12.37.jpg
 

Ponderosa Sheffield

Link to post
Share on other sites
boginspro
42 minutes ago, Sheffield History said:

Anyone know the roads on the bottom right of this shot of Ponderosa?

I'll take a stab at it, the flats were built on Martin Street so first houses to the right of them look like one side of Wentworth Street. To the right of that the shop that can be seen at the bend was on Bromley Street.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheffield History
3 minutes ago, boginspro said:

I'll take a stab at it, the flats were built on Martin Street so first houses to the right of them look like one side of Wentworth Street. To the right of that the shop that can be seen at the bend was on Bromley Street.

 

Have all these houses and streets now gone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Boxingday79
On 07/04/2020 at 17:41, Sheffield History said:

Screenshot 2020-04-07 at 17.40.17.jpg

Anyone know the roads on the bottom right of this shot of Ponderosa?

The road to the bottom right is Bromley street  (now gone) .The area to the bottom left was Crookesmoor recreation ground. Bottom centre is the top end of Wentworth street with Martin Street situated to the left of flats. the green area  centre right was the original Ponderosa which has been expanded to incorporate Bromley street and the recreation ground.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Stringy72

This area changed radically didn't it?

The old Recreation Ground was only about half the size of what now is The Ponderosa.

Here's another good photo.

s11653.jpg.a4abe6f45713c4fc8965eb9d41b7cc35.jpg

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...