Drive through Sheffield in the 1980's - what can you see?

Sheffield History

Let's see if we can list all the changes from when this film was recorded in the 1980's, and how Sheffield is now..

There's so much to see here from Kelvin Flats, the old Penistone Road, the long lost pubs, the shops on West Bar roundabout and more..

Anything else you've spotted?

I used to go to a kebab shop next door to Arthur Turner's gun shop. Every night (early hours of the morning) for a mixed kebab.

It was amazing

The nearest Bramall Lane came to the Wednesday ground, the spoil from the demolition filled in the gutter at Wordsworth Avenue, near the start of the film.

2 hours ago, Sheffield History said:

I used to go to a kebab shop next door to Arthur Turner's gun shop. Every night (early hours of the morning) for a mixed kebab.

It was amazing

Loved that place.

The guy who ran it ended up at another shop in Attercliffe - Zaika on Chippingham Place. Not sure if he is still there or not after all these years?

18 minutes ago, deejayone said:

Loved that place.

The guy who ran it ended up at another shop in Attercliffe - Zaika on Chippingham Place. Not sure if he is still there or not after all these years?

Yeah it was ace ha ha

We called him Wobblehead.
Would love to see him again

On 07/04/2020 at 15:29, deejayone said:

Loved that place.

Yeah I saw him there a few years ago. I wondered why he looked familiar.