Jump to content

The Heeley Palace cinema


Recommended Posts

Sheffield History

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 23.43.05.jpg

 

Heeley Palace Cinema.jpg

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 23.40.52.jpg

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 23.41.51.jpg

The Heeley Palace cinema on London Road, Heeley

Also known as the Heeley Electric Palace cinema

Opened 7 August 1911, seated 1450. Converted to sound in 1930. Became part of Star Group on 20 January 1955. First closed March 1963, reopening as a Star Bingo Hall. Reintroduced films February 1965 but closed in the June.

After it finally closed as a cinema, it reopened as a bingo hall. It was later used as a skateboard rink and a furniture warehouse. It was demolished 1981.

What else do we know about this wonderful looking building?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...