The most legendary Sheffield gigs of all time

Sheffield History

Help needed on this one!

What would you say have been the most legendary Sheffield gigs of all time?

The ones that people still can't believe happened in our city, or the ones that are often talked about as stuff of legends.

I'll kick things off with three shows I'd definitely like to be able to go back in time to see..

1) Def Leppard supporting The Human League at The Limit Club

2) Coldplay supporting Muse at The Leadmill

3) The Arctic Monkeys first ever gig (at The Grapes)

Bruce Springsteen at Bramall Lane wasn't there but everybody heard it for miles. 

Def Leppard at Don Valley, similar reason. 

Jimi Hendrix at the City Hall 17th November 1967. Front row seat 10/6d. Including The Move, Amen Corner, Outer Limits and a little known band called Pink Floyd. 

The Small Faces 5th Nov 1966 City Hall 6/- on Tour with the The Hollies

Walker Brothers and Roy Orbison 16th April 1966 7/6d plus supporting acts including Lulu

Fleetwood Mac city hall in early /. mid 70's.

There were less than 200 in the audience and before they came out they asked everyone to move to the front seats and we ended up front row. Think they started with Green Manalishi or Albatross and after the song finished, handed out cans of ale to the audience. Kept my empty can for years but now its long gone. Shame.

I have just finished watching a Sheffield Gig on You tube which has to go down, in my opinion as the most legendry of all time.

It was on performed on 6th December 2017 at the Hallam FM Arena and featured Queen with Paul Rodgers and lasted 2 hours and 12 minutes. If you have not seen it I heartily recommend it...........Fabulous!!

Were you lucky enough to be there in person. If you were there give us your opinion.

Robert Plant playing a "secret gig" in the Limit club on West Street. As a plus me and my mate got in for free

On 29/04/2021 at 16:40, jackanne said:

The Beatles at the Azena in 1963.

Well recall the girls in our class (1A Frecheville Sec Mod )and doubtless elsewhere in the school, flocking to it ..though personally couldn’t see what all the fuss was about although my Dad, in particular was a big pop music fan at the time though more of such as the Walker Bros, Searchers, Gerry Marsden and others of the host from that simply unrepeatable, standard -setting, era in popular music - wish I’d been more aware and seen more of what became legendary bands and performers!