W C Fields

tozzin

I’ve watched W C Fields in the Bank D*** this morning, a very interesting and troubled man, I read about him on Wikipedia and to my great surprise his father emigrated to the states in or around 1854, sadly I couldn’t find any reference to James Lyndon Duckenfield in any of my directories, there are a couple of Duckenfields but not James, a Duckenfield had the Queens on Scotland Street but that was in 1862.

find it very silly that I have to use asterisks for a title of a classic film, common sense should prevail.

James Dukenfield, born 16th February 1841, baptised 24th October in St Maries', and obviously came from a Catholic family (his mother Ann was Irish).  The family lived in Barkers Pool in 1841 and his father John was a comb maker.    Try inserting a space in problem words, can't let the computer win!

1 minute ago, Edmund said:

James Dukenfield, born 16th February 1841, baptised 24th October in St Maries', and obviously came from a Catholic family (his mother Ann was Irish).  The family lived in Barkers Pool in 1841 and his father John was a comb maker.    Try inserting a space in problem words, can't let the computer win!

I’ll do as you suggest Edmund.