Barracks & Factory's

Lynn Bennett

Hi 

Can anyone tell me if Cooper & Turner on Vulcan rd is there, if not when it was demolished,  if it was also if 

the 3rd Northen general hospital  is till going and  which barrackes the South Lancs regiment were stationed,

sorry if it seems a lot to ask but keep hitting a brick wall with the Bennett's. but any information will be greatly

appreciated. 

Regards  Lynn  B

Not being a local Regiment, if The South Lancs were ever stationed in Sheffield it would most likely have been at the very large, Hillsborough Barracks, now Morrison’s store. I think they’re official depot was probably Preston and more likely to have used the barracks there, whilst in UK. 

On 03/02/2020 at 23:20, Lynn Bennett said:

Hi 

Can anyone tell me if Cooper & Turner on Vulcan rd is there, if not when it was demolished,  if it was also if 

the 3rd Northen general hospital  is till going and  which barrackes the South Lancs regiment were stationed,

sorry if it seems a lot to ask but keep hitting a brick wall with the Bennett's. but any information will be greatly

appreciated. 

Regards  Lynn  B

CooperandTurner001.jpg

CooperandTurner.jpg

Hi!

Cooper and Turner is no longer on Vulcan Road - those buildings were demolished and new units now stand there