Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield History

The Windsor - Townsend Road

Recommended Posts

In February 1939, Duncan Gilmour & Co applied to move the licence of the Greaves Hotel, Apple Street, to a new house to be built at the junction of Southend Road and Boundary Road on the new Wybourn Estate. Building had started in late January.  The licence of the Norfolk Arms on Mowbray Street would also be surrendered as a "sweetener". The provisional licence of the Windsor was made permanent in September 1939, the first landlord being Joseph Williams, who had previously been at the Greaves Hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×