Barrell Inn, Anson Street

togger

Good evening all,

Looking for information and an image (not holding my breath), of the BARRELL INN, Anson street sheffield which is the last road at the bottom of South Street, Park. Anyone got any information please? 

1 hour ago, togger said:

Good evening all,

Looking for information and an image (not holding my breath), of the BARRELL INN, Anson street sheffield which is the last road at the bottom of South Street, Park. Anyone got any information please? 

This is interesting togger  , Anson Street was not a long street so it should be possible to sort this one.  The nearest Barrel I know of was ( in the pubs list) on Lord Street which did intersect with Anson Street.

Good luck with this one, I am sure someone on here will come up with something. Are there any more clues available please, eg. landlords name or year?

Thanks for the reply. I have attached the article to this post from 1898 for your perusal, its the only info i have.

edited.jpg

The nearest Barrels I can find are further south down Lord Street (no 134) or round the corner on Duke Street (nos 36, and 112).  The pub on the corner of Anson Street and Lord street was the Filemakers Arms, also called the Tim Bobbin Inn ( a Bradleys brewery house). Another pub on Anson Street was the Lord Rancliffe Arms.