Hope For 2020

tozzin

I hope 2020 sees a halt on the destruction of our old buildings, especially the Victorian factories, we’ve lost far to many for the sake of terrible flats and apartments for students and new buyers.

The Croft’s are unrecognisable from what they were to what they are now are, the council should hang their heads in shame, how can anyone blue pencil the total obliteration of such an historic area.

55 minutes ago, tozzin said:

I hope 2020 sees a halt on the destruction of our old buildings, especially the Victorian factories, we’ve lost far to many for the sake of terrible flats and apartments for students and new buyers.

The Croft’s are unrecognisable from what they were to what they are now are, the council should hang their heads in shame, how can anyone blue pencil the total obliteration of such an historic area.

Very much hoping so. But as we know, when the council see the colour of money, history and heritage doesn't mean anything to them. 

Hoping to see a halt of such destruction, but we shouldn't hold our breathe.

One thing I would love to see restored is the Montgomery Monument on Broad Lane/Red Hill, for absolute years it been left to decay through the weather and vandalism, when I see stupid projects that have money thrown at them it makes my blood boil when I think of the Montgomery Monument, that’s part of the history of Sheffield, which was paid for by public subscription is left to “Fend for itself “ so to speak, absolutely deplorable.

Yes it's in a pretty bad state. 

Probably take public funding again for any restoration. Can't see the council putting their hands in their pocket.