Sign in to follow this  
peterinfrance

Sheffield Trams VHS Video

I haven't a machine to play VHS tapes but this one was on Amazon on DVD, now unfortunately "Currently Unavailable".     I see that it says " Online Video " that seems to suggest that it may be, or has been, viewable on a website somewhere, if that is the case does anyone know where?

48 minutes ago, boginspro said:

I haven't a machine to play VHS tapes but this one was on Amazon on DVD, now unfortunately "Currently Unavailable".     I see that it says " Online Video " that seems to suggest that it may be, or has been, viewable on a website somewhere, if that is the case does anyone know where?

The tapes appear to date from 1990 so I'd guess that "Online" is a play on words - On-tram-line

4 minutes ago, Edmund said:

The tapes appear to date from 1990 so I'd guess that "Online" is a play on words - On-tram-line

Thanks Edmund , I should have noticed the date. I will keep an eye out to see if it re-appears for sale in a modern format.

Online Video was a company which produced a lot of tramway, trolleybus and railway videos back in the days before DVDs came along. Nothing to do with the film having been available on the internet.

Some of these videos are available as DVDs from Wolverton Rail.