Daft Things Did You Do As Child

Heartshome

I remember buying a flat pink packet at a School Fete of what I thaught were sugar crystals. Put my finger in to suck the flavour! turned out it was 'Pink Blancmange Powder' UGH! - Once blew a giant pink 'Bubble of Bubble Gum'. The wind blew the bubble back into my hair. Oh what a mess! took ages to get out, with quite a bit of my hair by being cut.

My Mum told me, that when visiting her cousins who lived near the railway in Chesterfield, they would put old 'Pennies On The Line', sit and wait till a train had gone past, then go and pick up the 'Flattened' coins. - She also told me that she ate 'COAL' as a little one. Wonder if that's why she lost all her teeth at 18. 

Well I'll start...

At a friend's we once made 'elderberry wine' - ie elderberries mashed up in water. I was the idiot who drank it and had to clean the crimson vomit up for two days (raw elderberry being poisonous).

Then there was the time I tried to clean out a nearly empty vodka bottle by dropping a match in it to burn off the vodka. I wasn't quick enough, and with an understated 'FOOM' from the bottle, toasted a couple of fingers - one of which is still numb nearly 40 years later

Boring Chemistry lesson in the labs of a top Sheffield Grammar School in the early 60s.

Schoolmate decides to poke the sharp end of his compass in a power point.

Bang and flash and mate hurled backwards off his stool and onto the floor.

Teacher comes over, picks him up  and immediately sends him to fetch the cane.

Mate staggers off, still in shock, fetches cane and gets 6 of the best in the corridor.

Ah, those were the days!

Mind you, as far as I know, he never stuck his compass in a power point again !

Reminds me of a chemistry lesson once. The kid next to me was being a real t**t  and wouldn't leave my watch alone so i stabbed him in the back of his hand with my blunt pencil. i got away with it but the t**t was sent off to A&E with suspected lead poisoning (spot the glaring error from our illustrious tutor)