Sharrow Lane school Reunion 2019

fentonvillain

Finally I have a few minutes to report on the latest Sharrow Lane School Reunion held on Wednesday 26th June.  Altogether 29 former pupils and Sharrow residents turned up, the youngest aged 71 and the eldest, I think, 85. We had a terrific two hour session of exchanging memories and revelling in the atmosphere of the old Junior School Hall. 

With their permission, here is a list of those present:

(The ladies consented to using their maiden names)

Valerie Shaw; Christine France; Brian Milner; Tony Ford; Denis Anson; Mick Glossop; Jack wade; Alan Barnett; Tony Faulds MBE;  Dave Holmes; Dave Storf; Ian Brelsford; Malcolm Gladwin; Ralph Holmes; Frank Turner; keith Spooner; John Beatson; Tony Hardwick; Roger Walker; John Smith; Phil Smith; Roger Stevenson; Graham Whitham; Darrell Whitham; Pauline Mackreal; Diane Goodwin; Ronald Hibbert and myself, David France. 

It was soon agreed that there should be another reunion later this year and so it has been decided there will be a special Christmas Lunch event at 1pm on Wednesday 27th November 2019 but places MUST be pre-booked through me. A price for the lunch will be published nearer the date. Watch this space!

The photographs here show what a cordial and relaxed event it was. Book your space for November now by sending me a personal message. 

20190626_124425.jpg

20190626_124331.jpg

20190626_124317.jpg

20190626_124258.jpg

20190626_124346.jpg

20190626_124339.jpg

Probably you have been asked this before so apologies if you have. Was that Tony Foulds rather than Faulds in the list of attendeeS. If so did he get an MBE ?

I would love to have been at the reunion but would not have known a soul I am afraid. I was a pupil at Sharrow Lane for a short period during the war and lived in Priory Place, the Luftwaffe wrecked our house and put a bomb right through my classroom, at the time i was delighted because I was supposed to have learnt my lines for a school play and I  had not even bothered to read the script but after the first night's bomboming I was whisked away as a refugee into Derbyshire, now aged 89 I am widowed and living in Dorset.

19 hours ago, westmoors said:

I would love to have been at the reunion but would not have known a soul I am afraid. I was a pupil at Sharrow Lane for a short period during the war and lived in Priory Place, the Luftwaffe wrecked our house and put a bomb right through my classroom, at the time i was delighted because I was supposed to have learnt my lines for a school play and I  had not even bothered to read the script but after the first night's bomboming I was whisked away as a refugee into Derbyshire, now aged 89 I am widowed and living in Dorset.

And we would have loved to have welcomed you all the same !  You might like to know that Priory Place hasn't changed much down the decades and we have enjoyed the presence of one or two of its former residents at our Fentonvillains re-unions including members of the Kay family and the Baxters. 

But you are much better off in Dorset !   Much warmer than Sheffield. Good to hear from you!