The Stamp Shop - Westfield Terrace.

Paul Worrall

What are peoples memories of 'The Stamp Shop' on Westfiled Terrace, off West Street? The Stamp Shop was every philatelists dream come true. My visits with my pals Philip Downing and Mick Hartley would have been around 1962 to 1964. I think the owner at that time may have been called Mr Edwards? I remember him as a very serious man, with grey hair and glasses? He was a bit torn when we went in, on one hand it was these pesky kids asking silly questions but on the other he knew we would be responsible for keeping the noble art & science of philately going into the future!

Paul 'Wazzie' Worrall 

Did Thomas Cook have a shop on this corner too or as I've read a travel company called Dean and Dawson in the early 1900s.

I've search the Kellys directories and the stamp shop comes up at that address in latter years but no travel company.

Hi Ukelele Lad.

I've no memory of a Thomas Cook or any other travel agent on Westfield Terrace. I do remember sometime in the early 90's there was an Indian Restaurant on Westfield Terrace, but again I can't remember it's name or where it was in relation to the Stamp Shop.

Cheers,

Wazzie Worrall