Houses on Langsett Road and St. Bartholomew's

boginspro

I came across this 1970's  photo' recently, the old St. Bartholomew's, visible through the gap, and the houses on the right have gone but the old police station / dentist building is still there. I see from Google that St. Bartholomew's has been replaced by a new building on Primrose Hill.

langsett_road_1970s-now_demolished.jpg

langsett_road.png

30 minutes ago, southside said:

Anyone know when the Police Station was built?

The address for the Police Station on the 1901 census is Burgoyne Rd, the address on the 1891 census is Langsett Rd, can't find it on the 1881 census!

Take a look at this  topic

On 27/04/2019 at 20:30, SteveHB said:

Take a look at this  topic

Thanks for the link SteveHB!   Police Station address in 1881 No 4 Burgoyne Rd

2019-04-30_130835.jpg

Putting together the information on here including the post by  Edmund, in the topic by Steve457, which has  "1891 - Police Constable Inspector living at 87 Langsett road"  it looks like at least for some time the front on Langsett Road may have been the police house with the station round the back on Burgoyne Road.
Also St. Bartholomew's has often been referred to as being "St. Bartholomew's Langsett Road" but it ran behind the Langsett Road buildings from Burgoyne Road through to Primrose Hill with the Primrose Hill end I think being the Sunday School building.