Quick question...

djash1000

34 minutes ago, djash1000 said:

Is there a 'new posts' button anywhere?

Is this the one you need?  Different browsers and zoom levels vary the page but that button should be there   ------       

new_topic.png

new_topic.png

19 minutes ago, boginspro said:

Is this the one you need?  Different browsers and zoom levels vary the page but that button should be there   ------       

No, I can start new threads, like this one I did here.

-

What I mean is, since the site isn't hugely busy (and I've read lots of things that interest me), I find myself logging on every so often now, however, I have to scroll down the whole forum to see any new posts.

So, I'm looking at how to just click on new posts, and read those. That will encourage me to look more often. If it's not possible then that is perhaps why the site isn't as busy as it was.

(if that makes sense)

11 hours ago, djash1000 said:

No, I can start new threads, like this one I did here.

-

What I mean is, since the site isn't hugely busy (and I've read lots of things that interest me), I find myself logging on every so often now, however, I have to scroll down the whole forum to see any new posts.

So, I'm looking at how to just click on new posts, and read those. That will encourage me to look more often. If it's not possible then that is perhaps why the site isn't as busy as it was.

(if that makes sense)

Sorry I misunderstood.  What I do is use the "unread content button"  which should appear as on one of the pictures below , and when on the "unread content" page there should be a link top left or on the left of the same line to "activity". The activity page appears in order of date with latest activity first.

You can also "mark the site read" so that old content that doesn't interest you will not appear in the unread content. "Mark the site read" in the top instance is in the menu extreme top right or in the second just to the right of unread content.

unread_content.png

unread_content2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, boginspro said:

Sorry I misunderstood.  What I do is use the "unread content button"  which should appear as on one of the pictures below , and when on the "unread content" page there should be a link top left or on the left of the same line to "activity". The activity page appears in order of date with latest activity first.

You can also "mark the site read" so that old content that doesn't interest you will not appear in the unread content. "Mark the site read" in the top instance is in the menu extreme top right or in the second just to the right of unread content.

That's it thanks. Couldn't see for looking!