a night with TC

lapsed blade

Last week spent a very pleasant evening at Staveley Minors Welfare in the presence of Tony Currie and a bloke called Mel Sterland who played for somebody else, went with my forty four year old son (hes a Chesterfield supporter but his mum loves him lol) what a great night, it was a Q&A session and steel city quiz plus comedian, Got to shake the great mans hand  also got a signed photo made me feel like a teenager again. Brought  back memories  of  happy days stood on the kop, singing your heart out ,kicking every ball, making every tackle, living the dream.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2019 at 14:08, lapsed blade said:

Brought  back memories  of  happy days stood on the kop, singing your heart out ,kicking every ball, making every tackle, living the dream.

Yes, agreed.

Sterland was very good, almost a great player, they called him Zico, after the Brazilians! Think he won the League Title with Wilkinson when at Weeds? and he may have played for England?, Though my memory is poor nowadays.

Tony Currie, eh?. Genuinely didn't know if he was still around, but glad that he is. They used to sing an amusing song on the Kop about him, back in the day...which began, 2,4,6,8,10, whose got legs like Bill and Ben...?

Heh, heh. Glad you enjoyed your night out. Good for you.